Date(s) - 07/01/202109:45 - 17:00
Centrum de Poort - Friesestraatweg
When was the last time you sat down and listened to the opinions in your own mind? What is it telling you?
Sometimes it drives us, which can be motivating to reach our goals. However, it can also be self-destructive and pushy. This can even lead us further away from what is actually valuable to us.
During this workshop, we will take our time to have a look at the inner critic that that sits on our shoulder wherever we go. Through various exercises, we will get acquainted with our opinions about ourselves and others. We will create an open and safe environment in which provides the opportunity to discover what these opinions are and how they influence us.
During this day, our aim is to become more familiar with our inner critic and learn how to recognise it. With this recognition comes awareness, and awareness enables conscious choice. A choice of how we want to respond, both emotionally and in our behaviour, instead of unconsciously going along with the constant stream of opinions in our mind.
Eventually, the created space can become a sense of freedom. Just as with the opinions of others, we can listen to our inner critic and still base our choices on what is valuable to ourselves.
Misha & Ruben
– Wear comfortable clothes
– Location: Friesestraatweg 31
– Age: between 18-35 year
– Ticket price: €75,- regular / €60,- low-income
* Sign up here
– We’ll make some tea but bring a bottle of water for during the session.
– Time: 10:00 until 17:00. Walk-in from 09:45
– Bring your own lunch
– You can contact us for urgent matters by calling 0618979679
– All the exercises will be offered to maintain the 1,5-meter social distance.
– Wear a face mask in the entrance room
– Some exercises provide the possibility to be in close contact. At the start of the workshop, you get the chance to state with whom you will be in close contact this evening. This means clear consent and communication
– Please don’t come earlier than 15 minutes before the start of the workshop
– Take a big towel (or bed cover) big enough to lay over the meditation cushion and yoga mat (180cm x 60cm) provided by ‘De Poort’. This is because the participants are not allowed to touch the mattresses and pillows provided by De Poort.
– Bring your own blanket if you think you might be cold
– If possible bring your own yoga mat and or meditation cushion.
– If you have a cold or feel ill, please stay at home and contact us before the workshop, well in advance. In that case, you can get a refund on the ticket.